Extra Extra Extra!!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Toy Review: DX Toridevendor


At first I made a promise that my DX Beat Chaser is my last bike purchase. Even with this thought, I was compelled to find one because: 1. I never owned a candriod before, 2. I never owned a cell medal prior to this. Scrambling through Japan online toku shops I found one at HLJ, but after my computation (believe me I suck in math) I realized the it would cost the same thing if I bought it locally. Finally I landed in Vincent's collections in the heart of the Raffles Place financial district.

I had the resources to purchase one. It is a gift for myself after landing my dream career (which took me years to get here). So here I am hoping my way back home after work along with my hoots for the day.

The box is a bit smaller than the DX Belt. I assumed it would be bigger after I saw reviews online. Pretty straightforward and very typical Bandai toy box design.

The bike without the can is somewhat plain, there are parts I wished it could have been painted like the engine (DX Chaser is better in this aspect). Its huge and bulky espcially on the base, so bulky that it doesn't need a kick stand to put it up. It should be easy to have your SHF or OCC figure sit down comfortably, unfortunately you have to extend your figure's capabilities in order to accomplish this. The bike has two sound effect that are similar to Go-Onger's rev sound and the other like Accel's.

Transforming the bike into a vending machine can quite be a pickle. I can't measure my own strength but I'm trying my best not to break the pegs that holds the parts together, especially opening the folds at the base to reveal the face of the vending machine. It's not the bike's problem, it's me. Check my video how to move the parts around to transform. It's practical as well as genius how the seat pad works. It acts both a opening latch and a supporting stand to hold the vending machine upright. You need to insert either cell or core medals into the slot on the machine and it makes a generic "kaching" sound everytime you insert a medal. Insert one medal and press the button at the middle to hear either one of six sounds namely: “Taka Can!”, “Tako Can!”, “Batta Can!”, “Unagi Can!”, “Tora Can!” and a Jackpot sound...LOL no you did not win a prize but that is what the machine makes when it spits out a huge number on candriods.

The look and feel of the vending machine is not precise as what you can see on the show but it's a fun mode.

The Tora Candriod - my bad when I compared this to a lion, it should have been tiger. Moving on. I haven't got a hold of other candriods but this seem fair to me. There is no need to flip the tab at the top but a cool addition nonetheless. Transforming this figure to a tiger is bad. There is no clear design that is identifiable to a tiger, well except for the striped head. It is also not clear whether this is a gold tiger or a black tiger. Since its legs forms as a head piece when combines to the bike, I think that minor detail can be forgotten. As a conclusion, its a tiger with a huge can at the back.

So individually, the bike and the candriod look silly and plain, combining them together to transform into Toridevendor is another story. Get the bike and split its face open. Take the candriod and open it up without revealing the head...just the legs. There are two slots on the top and base of the can which serves as the new legs when integrated with the bike. Once the can is latched to the bike, pull the head all the way up until you hear another sound which means you placed the candriod on the right place. 


The two cell medals that came with the bike (tora and cheetah gin!) can be inserted into the new legs and flip the latches behind to make those roll over. At this stage, the bike is complete and fantastic.

If you can get an affordable price for this bike, it is fun and worth the money, but spending more than 100 bucks on it is already ridiculous. Good luck hunting. 

 
 
 
 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...