Extra Extra Extra!!!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto


Ever since I saw the SHF Dark Kabuto figure I got affixed into getting on my own. It was a difficult task since this was released almost three years ago and I just started to collect the SHF Kabuto line just now. Luckily someone on eBay was selling all of his SHF collection in almost half the price so I didn't make any second chances so I grabbed it instantly. Besides at this rate, even if he is a regular released item it is hard to get one nowadays.

The box design came from the previous line, or should I say 2nd generation of Kamen Rider SHFs that hit the market. Grey, black and bland. Forgive me, as an Advertising practitioner who also is into the packaging industry, this just won't cut as much as it would when Tatoba went on the market on Jan 2011. Then again, this was set three years ago so I think I would let it pass. Bandai has learned from the whole thing so we now see boxes with a bit of color or themed from the rider.

SHF Dark Kabuto was clearly molded from SHF Kabuto, so we will see a lot of similarities and what-nots. The difference would be in the paint apps. The paint is in darker pattern - hence why it is called Dark Kabuto - duh. His chest was replaced with a circuit-board like feel. At face point, you might think these are stickers.

What is very evident is the "bow-leggedness" which most of the SHF Kabuto line is suffering from. Mine was no exception, in fact it has the worst looking defect I've seen. Despite that, on a pose, he looks ok and won't bother you that much.

Accessories include four extra hands, a kunai knife and a gun slash axe. I still like the design for what they did with Dark Kabuto - and so as the other dark \versions of the heroes. I won't be overcritical about my review this time. Just enjoy the photos and my video review below.

 











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...