Extra Extra Extra!!!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Kamen Rider OOO Tajadol Combo



Maybe I am in a state of imagination but I think Bandai is listening to my every plea. What needs to be improved, what works and what doesn't. And to add, I feel that every suggestion I post seems to be read by people in Bandai. Why? Because they did a great job on SH Figuarts Tajadol Combo.


Myself together with some of my online friends have been anticipating the arrival of SHF Tajadol. Ever since he debuted few episodes ago and followed of the announcement of his SHF counterpart, we were all hopeful that this time, we will see a definite winner.

SHF Tajadol to an extent is what is supposed to be like - an elegant, majestic yet fearsome transformation that is akin to the show. Tajadol's box design is like its predecessors but what is more evident that the red design is not like the other complete combos which had different shades of color. An example of which is Sagozo. Though dominantly grey, it has gradual shades of grey, silver and white. Tajadol is just plain fiery red - very straightforward and in your face. It is the king of all combos in my opinion.

Tajadol (or Tajadoru as romanticized) is very neatly done from its Taka (hawk) head, its Kujaku (peacock king) mid section down to its Condor (Condoru) legs is to a tee very detailed. Instead of the usual compound eyes, the head is covered with an added translucent plastic that acts like a face shield.

Its Kujaku torso is another part where one can applaud its beauty. The shoulder pads feels like it is part of the chest area because they cut close almost not leaving a gap in between. Yet when played with, moves very independently with the arms. I bet you wouldn't have problems posing Tajadol without the feeling that the shoulder pads would get in the way. The emblem on his chest is still embossed and there is a exciting sensation if you notice the detail that was delicately designed.

The Condor legs is like Sagozo's, the shape and magnificence will keep you shaking your head thinking you might be hallucinating if these are not real. Fascinating craftmanship, absolutely fascinating. Overall articulation is very firm and balanced. There was a point when I was trying some poses that I actually ditched using the tamashii stand because he can carry those poses without a problem. I honestly have no clue where the effects parts will fit into Tajadol. I will be a wait and see. Glad I pre-ordered those.

More surprising elements happen when you see its accessories. The medaljalibur is now well painted. There are still no etched design on the medals inside the sword but a great improvement nonetheless in terms of paint applications. Speaking of major improvements, I've written and spoken that I dislike the OOO scanner because of the uneven grooves on its sides. Now with Tajadol, these are now fixed and I would say almost perfect (I would say about 97%). Lastly is the medal-looking Tajaspinner. This is what I was waiting for. You can almost compare its likeness with the Deluxe version. The only thing Bandai could have done to make this spinner a hands down winner is that only if there is a mechanism where you can pull and push back just like SHF Rising Pegasus' bowgun. This may seem unnecessary but it would be a great bonus if ever.

I would say that the qualms that I had with the other OOO figures have been corrected with Tajadol and I applaud Bandai in making these improvements. Tajadol is one of the best looking releases to date and may be part of my top 10 SHF Kamen Riders released in 2011. What I mean is Tajadol is freakingly handsome. This figure is highly recommended especially to OOO fans and you definitely won't regret making the purchase. To Bandai, step forward and take a bow. 

Now I just have to wait for the effects parts to arrive.


 

 



 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...