Extra Extra Extra!!!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Toy Review: Revoltech Devil May Cry 3 Dante

I've always wanted my own Dante figure ever since I played Devil May Cry 3 on the old Playstation 2 back in circa 2006. This was also the time me and my friends were so hooked in playing Resident Evil.

Devil May Cry somehow for me revolutionized the smash button game genre. Dante's movements in the game was so versatile and had a lot of sword slashing and gun blazing variations which paved way to similar games like Bayonetta. Fast forward 5 years, I finally have one in a form of Kaiyodo's Revoltech series. I bought this because I am still waiting to get my hands on the Play Arts Kai version. As a cheapy and impatient me, I instinctively bought this on ebay for 10 bucks. Not bad.

I won't go much on detail about the box because when I got him from shipping, it had a lot of tear and creases on it. Blame it on poor handling. Just conclude that it is a Revoltech box.

Dante sports a derpy and funny looking face, a far cry from what you've seen on the game. The extra open mouth head has the same feel to it. My subscribers in Youtube feel the same way too. But it is irky feeling you can easily let go of.

His trench coat has a hinged swivel so you can have the flowing effect. He came with really nifty accessories. In sword master mode, he holds the skull-faced Rebellion. The Rebellion is beautifully detailed with silver paint emphasized by the black paint lines. The skull's mouth on one side has a removable peg that allow you to punch it in at the back of Dante. Dante has a purple-bluish guitar that transforms into a scythe by extending its base forward.

What's Dante with out his guns? In Gunslinger mode, Dante came with the infamous two colt 45s namely Ebony and Ivory can be wielded on both Dante's arms. When not in use, these can be stored at a sling found at Dante's back. Cayotte, a two-barrel elephant shot gun is alo available with the toy. Lastly, he came with a Revoltach stand. The stand is ultimately helpful in the action poses seem on the video and on the photos below.

In my short experience with Revoltech figures, I thought that all articulation points are the similar with the Robot figures that Kaiyodo released. In Dante, the arm articulation is a complex one to say the least. However, it somewhat warmed up to me. The swivels on this figure are foreign to me because I am more used to Bandai's SH Figuarts. The only Revoltech joints I can see are in the ankles. Even with this said, it surprised me how versatile these are.

With the exception of the derpy head sculpts, the toy in very nice and articulative. If you can bypass the derpy face sculpt, this a recommended figure especially for collectors-on-a-budget. I had fun, a far cry from the other Revoltechs I had recently.

 
 

 


 


 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...