Extra Extra Extra!!!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Toy Review: Robotech Macross VF-1A (Revoltech)


This is one of the review requests I received from the Facebook Fan Page and it goes out to Mr. EJ Padero. He was like insisting for me to do this. I obliged but I have mixed impressions and learned a lot from this Macross Revoltech line experience.

In my previous with Kaiyodo/Revoltech joints, I found it at first interesting how Kaiyodo will execute this. I researched more about the Revoltech line and this is my first encounter of a transforming figure. It's unheard of, at least for me. Because most of the robots that Kaiyodo released, not even their Transformers line  transforms to vehicle mode.

The size of the box is as big as the Iron Man Mark VI but without the extra panel to reveal the actual toy. But this is a familiar feature to those who have been collecting robot Revoltechs for quite some time.

Accessories are again a surprise for me. It includes variant hands, a gun, cockpit shield with the skull symbol in red and white apps. Standard Revo stand and a couple of what I call  practical "chopsticks" to pull some hinges that are, most of the time, flood deeper down the slots. The stand is a mystery to me as I have no idea how to pin this on the toy. Only in fighter mode I was able to utilize the stand but in robot mode, it made me scratch my head. It wasn't even mentioned in the instructions how to use the stand. A 10 Revoltech chip and the orange case are included in the package.

Out of the box, the fighter mode is impressive to look at. U.N. spacy marks are found on the gun barrel and legs. The Gerwalk mode is simple to form, just swivel down the legs and the arms, make him hold the gun, fold the back flaps and you're done. Complete the transformation to form the Battroid/Battloid.

Now, although the figure is handsome, it suffers from from fiddliness. It means that the Revoltech joints doesn't work well on the figure. At a certain moment, I got frustrated in making the right proportions especially on the arms. The fun factor was diminished and my expectations were not met. I really had high hopes. Legs are wobbly and the feet tend to move a lot, misplacing the form factor in any mode. Like I said, the mold is attractive but the joints fail what needed to do. The head is loose and when tilted on a certain angle falls down without a warning. Poseabilities - an absolute struggle therefore Kaiyodo missed the essence. I'll try to find another Kaiyodo Macross figure, in hopes to dislodge my disappointment with my current. This toy is not for all apparently.


 

 
 

 
 
 

  


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...