Extra Extra Extra!!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Kamen Rider OOO Putotyra Combo

Hopefully the second to the last SH Figuarts release, here is the review of the Putotyra combo. Did I say hopefully? 2011 has offered us great SH Figuarts toys with great box art. A really far cry back in the days where the box art was in bland grey. I know a lot of SHF aficionados are more akin to the latter but I want color to my SHF. With this, it pains my wallet a lot as almost all are great but I don't know how much of my bank account will hold on. Maybe you didn't get my logic here so back to the review...

Putotyra or Putotyrano is a combination of three dinosaur core medals. Note: there are a few debates online that these dino medals are more inclined as mythical creature than of prehistoric reptiles. My take - isn't it obvious? Of course Dino medals. It is depicted by some as its final form (although it is not clear) - Putotyrano is OOO's invincible combo that utilizes the Ptera, Tricera, and Tyranno Core Medals.

Though I like Tajadol better, Putotyra's features are more refined but giving you that in-your-face look. Meaning the paint lines are now at its epitome of perfection and molds are more detailed than the previous OOO releases. Purple of course is the main color for this form with hints of gold and white in some extremities. What I was hoping for, was using more of a metallic silver than white. I watched the form once again from uploaded videos by Youtubers, and I'm very sure that there is no white color on Putotyra. Moreover, the white paint/mold is not absolute, but a slight mixture of blue.

The emblem on his chest is where the in-you-face attribution comes in. Instead of your familiar chest design, this is replaced by a huge medal. This has a golden border with grooves like the core medal itself - screaming PUTO-TERANO-SAURU. Just picture Akira Kushida in his rock-star voice doing this.

Accessory count is pretty generous for a regular-released figure. He came with 6 hands and most are primarily for holding the Medagaburyuu. The Medagaburyuu came in two forms, the axe and the bazooka or "hissatsu" mode. What I can note about these weapons is that the purple colors on these are in clear translucent plastic without compromising the shapes embedded to be as similar as possible to the DX Medagaburyuu. Oh I forgot he comes with the OOO scanner. Nothing special.

Unlike its SHF OOO predecessors, the difference is evident on the feet design. Instead of balljoints - the complexity of the gnarly dino design calls for hinges. As we call in the end (almost) of the series, we bid thank you and farewell to Eiji-kun and he bids adieu as well in a form of the SH Figuarts Putotyra Combo.

 
 
 
 
 


 

 
 

  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...