Extra Extra Extra!!!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Toy Review: S.I.C. Kiwami Tamashii Kamen Rider Kaixa

Hi Firestarter here! I just need put it out there lolz. This is my written review of the S.I.C. Kiwami Tamashii Kamen Rider Kaixa. SIC KT Kaixa is c/o Hobby Japan which I ordered about a week ago. It wasn't a must that I had to purchase Kaixa but it was rather natural since I had its SHF counterpart and Faiz in the KT line. Handing out my details to the company is like an episode of The Walking Dead, not thinking about options on my now diminishing review budget.

Its box brings a familiar face to the SIC KT collector. Most of the facade is like what you see in Faiz, just replace the it with Kaixa parts. And for those who are not in the know about this toy line, one appealing form is that there are no twisties involved. It started thanks to the toy named SIC KT Agito.

Kaixa is one poseable figure. There are improved joints similar to Agito. Kaixa thankfully has the right purple compound eyes but has a body of Hulk-ed Kamen Rider. The shoulder pads are huge, but it is ok since its regular SIC counterpart has the same features. But even with these, it (poseabilities) doesn't hinder with the arm articulation because these pads are on a separate hinge allowing for the figure to have more form. The rest of his parts are superb for posing. Even if the accessories are all plugged in, Kaixa is continues to contain that free flowing movement. I forgot to compare it with SIC KT Faiz, but I've been told that Kaixa is shorter than Faiz by a millimeter.

Kaixa's armory includes the Kaixa Shot and Pointer. Sadly there are no slots to hold the Kaixa shot and this becomes idle on Kaixa's belt. Inserting the Kaixa Pointer at his back looks great but I wouldn't say the same on the leg. It feels that it is too high above the shins or the pointer is too tad short. He also has four hands (holding and relaxed). Again the fingers are not painted in silver/grey and it may come into dismay if fans are looking for this feature. I understand this is SIC and cannot compare with the TV character but this is I feel important since there are a lot of Kamen Rider Faiz fans like me looking for this feature. Next on the list is the Kaixa Edge and Kaixa's phone in gun mode. You can even remove the phone off his belt but looks awkward since there is a hole inside. It would also a great idea if Bandai included a phone in Exceed Charge mode.

Honestly, it is not a must have at least for lesser 555 fans (or 913). Not a lot might dig how its deformed state is offered in a chibi form. I would say its up to you whether you should be picking up Kaixa or not. As soon as I got him, I'd say I didn't feel that all excited to open and review it for you guys.

I still haven't seen a 3-6 inch figure with the right paint apps on the figures. But in terms of consistency, at least SIC KT Kaixa is more structured that its SHF counterpart. For just 1500 yen, why not get one just to have your SIC KT Faiz for a pair. I hope Delta comes soon to make it a trio...ooohhh the possibilities.

 




 


 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...