Extra Extra Extra!!!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Toy Review: S.H. Figuarts Kamen Rider OOO Super TaToBa Combo

From the movie Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max, this is the S.H. Figuarts form of Kamen Rider OOO Super Tatoba. This is another exclusive that in my opinion, not that bad despite my dislike for the off color scheme.

The first time I saw Super Tatoba off the screen grabs in Jefusion, I immediately messaged GekiDan and said hell no. I mentioned previously that Tajadol Combo was the best looking among the combinations but adding steroids on this is not at first a welcoming site. Anyway, here is the rest of the review.

So, the box design looks like to me a Jamaican flag with the red, yellow and green cutting off layers distinguishing one core medal to another. It's emblem is now on a darker shade of red and of course the movie logo is seen underneath. It really looks weird how the palette is and I can't pick my brain where the problem lies.

There are similarities on the mold from Tajadol, Tatoba and Gatakiriba but there are few subtle adjustments to it such as the wings on the Batta legs and the shoulder pads, the rest are very familiar. The Batta legs have wings at the end but it not the same as Tajadol's - this is a bit leaner but thinner what Condor legs have been.

The claws are unlike Tatoba's that has a certain serrated edge, these have a more slick and slender line with a hook at end of the line. Reminds me of how Wolverine's claw looks like at the revamp of the X-men comic back in the early 90s.

Shoulder pads can be mistaken from Tajadol that is layered but Super Tatoba's lines are embossed. The core medals on the belt could have done better by adding hint of gold rings around just what was featured during the movie. That could highlight this figure as the super of supers even more.

This figure has 5 hands and one unique to hold the OOO scanner. If I really going to nitpick is the OOO scanner because after a year since the SHF Tatoba was released, they still (Bandai) can't make the mold consistent especially on its grooves.

The logical reason to get this is because you want to pair this one with your W Xtreme and/or Fourze RocketStates. I'm not saying I hate this set, but it is not eye-candy enough even for an OOOs fan. There are QC complaints from what I read recently about blotches or uneven molds along the lines but luckily I don't have these issues so do check your figures first before making any purchase. But if you got this online, well I really can't help you with that.


 
 
 

 


 
 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...