Extra Extra Extra!!!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Toy Review: S.I.C. Kamen Rider Gills and Another Agito

For quite sometime now, I have really sunk into the S.I.C. hole trying to catch up with some of the reviews from one of my online pals Locust. This time, I've sprung back to the Hsieh era with the latest addition to the line - the S.I.C. Kamen Rider Gills and Another Agito. Yes it is two pack of half and half goodness. I'll be detailing that a bit. Let's start with Another Agito.

Another Agito is a re-molded figure from the set that came with Agito Shinning Form. From the images of the past design, Another Agito is breathtaking from my first impressions and seems closer to its source material. It's grasshopper look is a homage to the Showa riders but has the insect leg pieces placed on the arm and near the ankle. 

If there's one thing I'd complain about is how the belt is fashioned. It's true that it stayed within the re-imagination theme, but it could have been a little bit even on the top and bottom case. What you will be drawn into are the muffler pieces that are winged-like translucent grasshopper interpretations that are on hinges, so you can have the wind effect when placed in different positions. These are absolutely amazing when shun through a florescent light.

This re-molded Another Agito comes with a pair of alternate hands and a grinning head piece. The extra head for me is quite creepy and reminds me how Batman's Joker looks like. 

When it comes to articulation, Another Agito is quite impressive given the joints move naturally and comparable to figures which have more than 26 points. Probably because of my set, these joints are tighter that your average S.I.C. 

I don't own Another Agito that came with Agito Shinning/Burning form, but for me, this is one solid figure. I don't see any loose ends or major flaws that most old S.I.C.s have from 2-5 years back. Now let's see about Gills.

Now, Gills is the latest addition to the S.I.C. Agito line and first impressions tell you that he looks equally amazing. But again, that is my first impression as I weave through what he got in store.

Accessories include an extra open-mouthed head like Another Agito's, a pair of claws for the legs and wrists a set of open hands and just one tentacle. This may come to a dismay for those who are wanting to have two tentacles coming out on both wrist like its SHF counterpart. But at least this mold is neutral so it can be interchanged from left to right. In addition, this is made from a soft rubbery plastic so you can bend this to suit to your needs. The horns on the extra head can be interchanged with its default head. But in my opinion, I'd rather have the longer version as it stands out better.

It seems like Gills is taller than his mate not because of the horns but because of how hip/crotch joint is engineered. It exposes the gaps between the bikini lines and creates that impression that the arms looks too short on Gills. I felt that this was loosely and carelessly made, making Gills less wanted that of its partner. I have also no complaints with the articulation as it moves just quite as well as and as natural as Another Agito. 

Overall, you might feel a bit cheated if you have the previous Another Agito release. But from other reviews I've read, this is justified as this is more stunning and more playable. However, I couldn't say the same with Gills. Lets just say that I liked only the upper half and the rest just left me with a saddening sigh.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...