Extra Extra Extra!!!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Toy Review: Final Form Ride Hibiki

It is a shame to admit but I was a naive and a noob in collecting Kamen Rider figures more than 6 months ago. I didn't know the difference between SHF, S.I.C., Kiwami, RAHs and alike. I just knew who they were. It didn't matter what toy line they came from, the point was getting all 11 Hsieh riders and quit. One of the few early mistakes I did was getting Final Form Ride Hibiki - not because I don't like the character, just as I mentioned  - I was naive. I should have asked around and stuck to one toy line. Because for an average toy collector, the best way not to loose a lot of money but still enjoy collecting is to stick to one kind. Spending a lot (I meant all) on figures is not an option to me. I'll be on the next step of the slew of responsibilities - I have to prepare for it (meaning save).

Anyways, Hibiki was an easy target for me especially when I  was on a hunt and browsing through CSToys' website. There are not a lot of good Hibiki figures out there (erm...during this time, I overlooked the Hibiki SIC Kiwami also posted on the CStoys). Added to the fact that Hibki (in any toy line) is unpopular. Believe me when I say that he is unpopular. If you check online e-commerce sites there are more Hibikis in stock than the other riders.

What is This Final Form Ride? This series from Bandai is to commemorate the different transformations done by past riders through Kamen Rider Decade. For Hibiki, he had two - a flaming (phoenix?) bird and an Ongekiko. An Ongekiko is a Taiko (wide drum) Belt. Hah, I didn't research on this when I was doing the video review.

The Final Form Rider Hibiki came with two drum sticks (Rekka). These are just to plain red drum sticks and there are no additional features. Other than that is the Gambaride card you can use with your DX Decade belt. Unfortunately I don't have one. Hibiki has a slew of weird articulations, which he actually needs especially when converting it to a Final Form Rider. 

 
Cons: Transforming the figure into a bird is easy, but the look doesn't match to the show. He looks like a weird rider with wings.


Pros: He is an effective Ongekiko. The drum sticks do help in the whole look and feel. The only hitch is the difficulty of connecting the pegs and holes on the symbol. It will take a couple of man hours to get it right.

Recommendation: The reason for picking the FFR series is to relive the final form moments of past Hsieh riders as seen on the show. Its not for all Kamen Rider fans.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...