Extra Extra Extra!!!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Kamen Rider OOO Gatakiriba Combo


My second SHF OOO recently arrived and I was so excited. I wondered whether he would keep up to my expectations or another boon on the list. For weeks I read speculations on QC (quality control) problems on most SHF OOO toy lines. But lets see if mine suffers just the same. Gatakiriba is formed by combining 3 similar green core medals: Kuwagata, Kamakiri, and Batta. Its main power is replicating itself for God knows how many. Although he has bladed arms as weapons, he still uses the Medaljalibur in his disposal. Let get it on the details. 

His box design has the same pattern as Tatoba and we will continue to see that same box design for the rest of the SHF Kamen Rider OOO toy line. In this case instead of three different colors on the rings, they are replaced by different shades of green, much alike with the figure's core medals. Though I like the new box art, it still has the same flaw - the outlined letter are unreadable from a distance. But then again like I mentioned this over and over with conviction, any color on the SHF box design is very welcomed as long as it deviates the plain grey-ish and somewhat frowning colors.

As I suspected, my SHF Gatakiriba suffers the same fate as what other netizens would warn me about - it does suffer from a QC problem. Most of its parts especially the head are wobbly. If you check my video review below, I can easily flick the head which means the ball joint that connects the head and the neck is either too small or the hole is too big. Don't fret my friends this problem only ends at the upper torso of the figure. The legs are same with Tatoba, firm and stable (WOOHOOO!), but crap I still don't like ball joints on the foot. Fellow OOO fans might be a little skeptical about the extensions on the Batta legs that hinder the feet to extend itself to the fullest, but check on this link how this can be amended. Despite all these the over sculpt of the figure looks fantastic. I was told something seems to be missing in the figure...I couldn't find one.

Gatakiriba almost has the same number of accessories you'll surely enjoy. First he has three pairs of arm blades - one is already a default on the Kamakiri arms. Second are slightly bigger that gives you the spread-ed blade look. And finally, separate blades which Gatakiriba can hold. The extra hands are just the same with Tatoba but only in green. One notable hand is the OOO scanner hold hand which now fits better than Tatoba. I like the grooves on the other pair of holding hands as it gives stability that enables the figure to hold the blades and the Medaljalibur in any position.


 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...