Extra Extra Extra!!!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Toy Review: War for Cybertron Deluxe Soundwave



Literally my first Transformers figure after 17 years, the War for Cybertron Soundwave slightly pulled me into the Transformers mania all over again. I'm quite happy with this toy line as it brings back my youthful past with the old G1 look yet continues the modernity and complexity of today's figures.

I realized that because of my absence (and I mean long absence) there were so many variations of the communications expert Soundwave.  And I am so out of range when I saw him not as a boom box anymore. This review would be like for noobs like me who got lost in time and now trying to get back to the open arms of a forgotten love. No, I am not writing a novela.

Soundwave to be part of the War for Cybertron line up, is an amazing fete. It took out what he was known during the eighties and took us way back before he landed on Earth with other Decepticons. I didn't know he was a four-wheeled warrior before he adopted the boombox look. I like the fact that they kept the lavender paint much like the 80's series. On his front trunk, is a door mechanism where he stores two weapons. The weapons when stores looks like the plus and minus sides of a AAA battery. No Lazerbeak included though. I don't really dig the vehicle mode, but a nice concept from the WFC game nonetheless. But the transformation is easier than my time with WFC (Takara Tomy) Optimus Prime.

The first weapon is a gatling gun that rests on Soundwave's shoulders. This very alike with its G1. The other is a small lazer thingamajig, not impressive as I hoped it would be. Again in robot mode, Soundwave has this G1 homage. The difference is that the original design was meant to be piped. Articulation on Soundwave is a joy because the points are on balljoints that makes the whole movement unhindered. I just hoped that he had a waist articulation - that would make Soundwave the perfect WFC so far.

 
 
 
 


 
 
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...