Extra Extra Extra!!!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Shinken Red Shiba Kaoru

This is another prediction came to fruition. Yes, I predicted that there will be a Female Shinken Red in SHF form to be released. Damn. If there would be a Hyper version (of all Shinkengers) I would die right then and there. As the fifth SHF Super Sentai released this year, I was on the fence whether I should get Shiba Kaoru for or thinking if this would be worth getting to complete the SHF Shinkenger line. Even so, I still went to my fave Uncle and I guess I had the decent price. I checked other stores just for comparison and the price tag was more freaking ridiculous.

SHF Shinken Red (Shiba Kaoru) was (as the story goes) the rightful heir to the Shiba Clan and head of the Samurai Sentai warriors. She also represents the 18th head of the of the clan. Fun fact, Kaoru's actress was actually 14 year old when she played this part but her role calls for a 17 year old.

Going forward with the toy review.

She has a total of 8 changeable hands. Like other SHF Shinkengers before her, Kaoru has a pair of special hands for posing when presenting herself to the Gedoushuu. The figure didn't include any origami hence there are no hands specially made to hold any origami. It would be great if it did so that Takeru and Kaoru would share origamis. The figure also includes a Shinekenmaru, the huge Rekka, Shodophone. If you already have Shinken Red (Takeru) on hand there are no difference between similar armaments. Yes I promise. Last on the list is a set of extra skirt parts that when these are put on, the set forms a slit which enables Kaoru to move better through various legs extensions.

Although the skirt set is helpful I feel it is a plus but you can still get away with using the default rubber-type skirt.

Kaoru's height is about 13 cm tall, she is almost at Takeru's shoulder (growing kid) :P. She is obviously slimmer that Takeru. The mold on the head is almost the same but Takeru has a pointier fire symbol. Bust line is visible since she is female. 

I surprised that for such a small frame, she could carry the much taller Rekka, as long as it is being held upright. I say much better than Takeru. The only difficulty I had was placing the Shinkenmaru at her pelvis. The sword holder keeps on popping out when I try to adjust it to the right position with the sword latched. 

I couldn't find majot fault on Kaoru except for the price tag. I think I've already stated was should have been improved for the SHF Super Sentai line but apparently, the articulation and joints still feel not right. Just beware on the shoulder joints as these are thin and susceptible to snap. If this is not released as a Jusco/Aeon Store Exclusive, I would say she is a decent figure.

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...