Extra Extra Extra!!!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Gokai Green and Gokai Darin

When I was standing in for a radio program back in the day (it didn't reflect on my video reviews but I was decent back then) I've always wanted to say "the boys are out tonight". Didn't go through with that tagline I'm at least I could say it here on this post. Welcome to the review of the 3rd SH Figuarts Gokaiger released this year, Gokai Green - the boys are out tonight.

The first time I saw GokaiGreen's roll call was a WTF moment for me. As a kid of the 80's, I grew up watching epicly executed symmetrical synchronized group poses. There are variations but as new teams come in, it becomes more like presentation of their individuality rather than a group. This "individuality" is seen on Gokaigers. At first it was ok but Hakase's version wasn't a welcomed one. People over the net started even questioning Don Dogier's sexual preference. I'd care less about this and this didn't affect my purchasing power for the Gokaiger SHF line. Let's continue with the review.

I won't deal much on the box art since you've probably know by now how the layout looks like. To everyone's delight, GokaiGreen continues to have his own midori steering wheel. Its make is the same as GokaiBlue's only in green form. But I would like to note that at least the steering wheel is slightly loose enough to spin like Red's Darin. But the same problem occurs when you try to insert the folded ranger key in - it is not a snug fit, turning the bar with the key in is almost an impossible feat. Unless nail polish is applied on the key's peg to thicken, plugging it in is such a nuisance.

The number of hands for GokaiGreen is just the same as Blue's. You can check out how many and how it works from the photo and video review below. Also inclusive are the gun, sabre and the cylinders which had the ranger keys molded in. I know some nitpickers would like to dwell on the cylinders but if you are skillful enough, you may paint the ends as you wish and make it more accustomed to the show.

It's main attraction is not about GokaiGreen but its add on figure - Navi. Navi is *gasping* a great looking piece of work. Navi's mold is really well done and I would peg that it is 97% accurate. Tori-chan have balljoints on the wings allowing a nice flowing articulation. Its feet can also swivel left to right so as its head.

I'm not also going to place more detail on GokaiGreen's joints since it is molded from its predecessors. So expect the same movements. Not satisfied? I would again direct you to the video review below. I just want to point out that SHF Gokai figures are well balanced. I can have them stand in one leg without problems.

The inclusion of Navi makes the GokaiGreen package a well sought after figure. However I question other "should haves" in GokaiGreen's armory such as an extra gun. It is pretty evident that Hakase is more of a gun slinger than a sword wielder like Blue. Therefore it would be fitting if Green has a spare. Other than that, this SHF is worth buying because it is sold as a regular figure when it feels like an exclusive. 

 
 
 

 

 



 

 
 

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...