Extra Extra Extra!!!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Toy Review: S.I.C. Kamen Rider ZX (Vol. 62)

Showa riders are almost complete. Welcome to my review of the S.I.C. Kamen Rider ZX. The ninja-inspired Kamen Rider has the sleekest design and I am quite impressed. But like all SICs, the articulation on the legs won't stretch that much unlike SHFs. SIC Kamen Rider ZX includes a bunch of cool shinobi weapons but let's dissect him first.

Accessory count is not as massive as SIC Kamen Rider CJ. ZX includes a Cross Shuriken, a Impact(Shougeki)Bomb, a "Microchain", the sword with corresponding sheath, kunai knife and a cannon (?). I tried to google if that was a cannon, a mace or a flash light. I haven't seen ZX use this on the show. Or might have missed from years of not watching Kamen Rider ZX. The set also includes 5 hands - two open relaxed hands, two holding hands for his right arm mainly to hold the kunai knife and the sword, the left holding hand is for the shuriken and the bomb. Basically, the bomb and the shuriken just rest there and when titled, it falls off the hand easily. A muffler is also included and functions like Skyrider's.

Kamen Rider ZX veers away from the pudgy look and was given more muscle. This gives a more sleek and manly feel. I like the overall design of this re-imagined Kamen Rider but the flaws lay on the joints wherein these plugs out easily when they are on an angle. It is not only ZX who has this issue but most recent S.I.C. releases. So far, the most flexible S.I.C. out there is Kamen Rider W.

ZX's body is painted in both glossy red which gives that "wet" look and on top is a nice and clean metallic silver armor. There are darker shades on its extremities highlighting the muscles even more. What offsets ZX is the metallic shade of red on the helmet that might irk people at the first glance. The honeycomb- translucent cross on ZX's belt gives that glow effect and sparkles in direct light.

Overall, ZX's design is the best among all Showa Riders in my opinion but could have given a little leeway to flex the waist and legs further. ZX remains squeaky when I turn the joints around and the mid section feels weak. I would recommend ZX as a great display piece, but I am not looking forward to play with this more than the rest of my collections. 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...