Extra Extra Extra!!!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Toy Review: S.I.C. Toei Hero Net Limited Kamen Rider J

This is a sort of a looking back review of the Toei Hero Exclusive S.I.C. Kamen Rider J. Kamen Rider J is one of the few (maybe the only) S.I.C. showa riders that has a title of exclusive. I'll make this short and sweet.

Kamen Rider J has simple green packaging design which is a common design nowadays for most of the exclusive S.I.C. figures. But I believe that only J has a window to check on the figure. The number of twisties is not that many as I recall, so it means you are close to getting this out of the plastic tray quick and easy.

As part of the old generation of S.I.C.s the articulation have some hindrances especially on the shoulders. The joints are locked because of the paint that seeped in, so you might want to carefully move them to let it loose and free. Most of its connections are made out of balljoints unlike today that are pegged and hinged.

Head and neck articulation is fair and it has the basic movements you'll need. Quite impressive for an oldie. Another limitation is on the waist since the accent with the red jewel hinders itself to move sideways, a little discomforting note.

Kamen Rider J only has two relaxed hands and I wished it could have added a little extra hand for his signature "J" pose.

For me it is too pricey for something with a ridiculous number of exchangeable hands. Only those who want to complete the showa era of SIC would appreciate this. 

 


 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...