Extra Extra Extra!!!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Rurouni Kenshin Movie To Be Released In 64 Countries

It was announced during the stage greeting of the film Rurouni Kenshin last September 2 that the said movie will be distributed to 64 countries worldwide. Also at the stage greeting Takeru Sato expressed his excitement on this venture "Since before we started filming, director Otomo Keishi and I talked about releasing this to the world, so I’m happy our dream has come true", he said.

On the first 8 days of the film's premier, it movie garnered 1.21 billion yen ($15 million USD) which lead to offers from distribution houses to carry the movie overseas. Director Otomo commented, “I knew it originally had a good theme, so I’m happy to see this outcome.”

Takei who plays Kaoru is also excited. She said, "I’m embarrassed, but I’m excited to see what kind of reaction we will receive from overseas. I want to go overseas with everyone!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...