Extra Extra Extra!!!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Toy Review: S.H. Figuarts Kamen Rider New Den-O Vega Form

It has been two years since its release but it is the first time I'll be reviewing the S.H. Figuarts Kamen Rider New Den-O Vega Form. Luckily, Mandarake has a few stocks left from their online service it is about time that the triumvirate of Den-o rare exclusives complete in my collection. 

Sculpting has always been detailed to a tee for most of the old S.H. Figuarts releases. The eyes are built in such a way that you can still see details behind the visors which are a come on for this toy line. A great improvement from the now defunct Shoucaku Henshins.The sculpting of the Deneb face on his chest is disturbing but awesome. 

He includes 2 pairs of hands (a standard for most exclusives back in the day). The unpainted Dengasher pieces and holders are still a thing of joy and don't worry as it was rectified on the next Den-O releases. The Naginata Dengasher might have been improved if some of the parts were painted. 

What I believe wasn't thought of is his cape. If this could have a hinge or balljoints like Kiva Emperor, that would heightened the drama in his action poses. Another thing that could have been improved are the shoulder pads because when the arms are lifted hinges are obvious to see and looks like the late great MJ. I had this on my last figure on my must-to-have list because accessory-wise, he doesn't have a lot to offer. Plus I wasn't a huge fan of the motif so it took me about 2 years to finally acquire him. I believe that is also the reason why a lot of us did took that way of thinking. Watch the video below for more details. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...