Extra Extra Extra!!!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Toy Review: S.H. Figuarts Gokai Christmas

This is a review of the S.H. Figuarts Gokai Christmas. The form was featured in Gokaiger's Christmas episode 44: A Lovely Christmas Eve - Suteki na Seiya (素敵な聖夜).  It was a WTF moment the first time I saw Tamashii Nation's announcement for this release. Actually, I wasn't keen in getting one but by some sort of blind accident, I had pre-ordered Gokai Christmas. 


Its box design is a swirl of red and green ribbon-like features that you usually see on candy canes. What I wasn't happy about is with how Bandai Tamashii Nations spelled out Gokai Christmas with X'mas. I've seen longer titles than this and spelling everything out should not be a burden for Bandai. Devoted Catholic I am not, I'd rather have this spelled out properly. Simply put, what if I spelled Ichigou (Number 1) as Ichigo (strawberry), that would not be welcomed by many ain't it?

This set includes 9 extra hands, the Gokai Sabre, Gokai Gun with their respective interchangeable cylinders embedded with ranger keys and lastly 2 Gokai Christmas ranger keys. Nothing fancy really, it is having S.H. Figuarts Gokaigers figures less the GokaiDarin.

With that point, there is also no striking difference on the sculpt and articulation. Should you have any of the Gokaiger figures in S.H. Figuarts, you'll probably accustomed to it. So, what is new? Well, for starters, what we have is a different head sculpt with GokaiGreen and Red's helmet cut in half and mashed together. You'll see how the visor is arched. I didn't even notice that there are distinguishable features on the visors until I had GokaiChristmas. Of course the half and half paint applications continue on with the rest of the body but the mold hasn't changed.

I'm quite surprised and dismayed that Bandai prioritized in creating this instead of Gokai Silver in Gold Mode and I wouldn't be surprised if they even want to create the fusion between Red and Silver or that Go-On Wings fused mold for the S.H. Figuarts line.This was released in time for the Christmas holidays but I'll be merrier if Bandai released Gokai Silver Gold Mold instead. Well as a whole, this SHF looks ok and feels ok considering that this is a Tamashii Web Exclusive. But do you really need it? No.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...