Extra Extra Extra!!!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Toy Review: Kaiyodo Vash the Stampede (Black Version)


I had a chance to get this figure 5 years ago after I watched the first episodes of Trigun, The Planet Gunsmoke. During this time, I named myself online as Vash before I became Firestarter you now know, see and read today. Also during these moments, I was targeting to get the red version, because of its popularity which also equates to rarity, I had difficulty acquiring one thus settling on a re-painted version. Note that I now live in the Lion City, I found an abundant number of red versions in a more cheaper price than it was years ago...sheesh the irony. Even so, I like the black version because it looked more badass than the original.

After 5 years, I finally open my Vash the Stampede collector's edition by Kaiyodo. It is really meant to be displayed and not played because of its limitation in movement. If I am not mistaken this was Masaki Apsy's final project before joining Max in Max Factory. If you forgot what Max Factory is, it is the company who made FIGMAs we love today. Although Revoltech's version is better, you got to admit the great design factor that was put into this collector's item.

The black version came with fixed red sunglasses on the face. It has only 23 pivot points and these are mostly on the upper torso. The limbs only has 4. Hidden in the left arm is his secret shotgun weapon. There are three interchangeable hands, 1 gun with a blade at the end, a red tin can, a black cat, a base and some stanchion with weird markings which I guess is a "wanted" sign. Since this was (I think) Masaki's last hurrah in Kaiyodo, this is truly a collector's item. Not for everyone though. 




 
 





 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...