Extra Extra Extra!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Toy Review: Action Works Gavan

For those who don't know, I think I said this on my previous post with my review of Shaider, Action Works was created by Megahouse which is a subsidiary of Bandai before the launch of my beloved SH Figuarts. The sizes are of a smaller scale and about the size of your GI Joes and SIC Kiwami Tamashiis. Even with that said, Action Works figures have more articulation points that SIC KTs. I didn't count how many points of articulation there are, but the neck alone has two, which is one more than I would've expected.

Gavan came with three swords and 3 pairs of hands. Two hands for holding the swords, another pair of open relaxed hands and the other are for replicating Gavan's action pose while he introduces himself to the Makuu. An extra head with a lighted visor is included. There are no guns, no additional accessories hereof. The Gavan figure itself is the weakest of the Uchuu Keiji line-up. The paint applications on Gavan is off in so many places. The helmet appears to have been hand painted. Articulation points are the same  with Shaider but with the  Gavan, it the joints move all over the place which makes the poseabilities almost less that chaotic.

As the first Megahouse/Action Works offering, this figure has a lot of paint flaws. The molding to combine two halves of any of his parts are sooooo weak. Bandai should have given this more thought before execution. Or at least some quality control over it. The SH line looks better and refreshing than this. I was looking for something more epic from this Megahouse offering and I'm still trying to squeeze the box just in case I forgot to find something. I only recommend this figure if you are planning to get the other two Metal Heros. If not, it feels like a messy failed toy.













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...