Extra Extra Extra!!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Tajadol Effect Parts Set

My hair on my arms just stood up when I first saw the complete Tajadol combo. Coupled with the henshin jingle and Akira Kushida's masculine and course old rock voice, I was lead into a flabbergasted trance. Then came announcing its SHF figure. Tajadol in my opinion is the most anticipated character to come in a toy form. I couldn't explain to myself why I am so amazed. After my review of the Tajdol combo a few months back, my excitement heightened even more when Bandai announced its SHF Tajadol Effect Parts Set. Like a kid itching for ice cream, I was set to get this immediately to my fellow SHF and OOOs fans.

The first thing that will take your breath away is its box design. The box is by far the widest SHF box you'll see so far. Its reason will be discussed further in this review. Tajadol Combo's photo with all of its glory, is printed at the face of the box - no windows to see its content just like any other exclusives. Yes, this is an exclusive.

Inside, the set includes the peacock feather effect which is the reason why the box is that wide. It is a laminated plastic and creates that luminous effect when you place in front of a light source. See the photos I've taken below. Nice. Just take care of the peacock feather as it is said that it could break off easily or worse shatter into pieces.

Next is the Kujaku wings. These are slightly in a translucent plastic. The wings are separated individually through hinges. There are no joints at the roots therefore you cannot twist these according to your liking.

Following the Kujaku wings are the Condor legs. Only the knees bend just like Tajadol's default legs. It is a bummer isn't it. I wished I could widen the talonsjust a bit to make Tajadol more fearsome. I feel a little bit guilty in replacing those legs because it was difficult for me to remove. If done improperly, the grooves that hold the legs together will shave off. So be wary about this.

Little Kujaku candroids are also available in this set and it comes in a pair. The first in the transformed Kujaku candroid. The form feels rushed as the mold is not a refined as its chibi predecessors. The other is a simple candroid, I could have sword that its bigger toy version has the a Kujaku mark, but this doesn't have one. A bit of a shame really. But this is not the highlight of the set anyway.

As an exclusive set, this came with a red Tamashii Stage Act 4 stand with the featured the medals in white listing the names “taka! kujaku! condoru! TAJADORU!”. Sing with me now.

Overall, these accessories are simple to snap in (except for the condor legs). These parts brings SHF Tajadoru to new heights and more enigmatic especially to those who hold the figure. At 2300 yen, it is a little price to pay really to let your SHF Tajadol find the power within. I leave this simple review with photos and my video review below. Matte Ne.

 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 

 

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...