Extra Extra Extra!!!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Kamen Rider Faiz Axel

Standing by. Welcome to my review of  the SH Figuarts Kamen Rider Faiz Axel , the third  release and second Faiz form by Bandai. He is the first Kamen Rider to use time and speed as his weapon. I cannot fathom how I just adore the show as this is the third Kamen Rider show I watched since I rekindled my love for the franchise. From the time I saw Kaixa throwing the Axel watch to him, I knew back then the story will be one of the most epic stories in rider history. Though I am equally disgusted how Kaixa is utterly useless in the show. Enough about Kaixa, I'm here to talk about Axel.

Let's quickly run through the accessories. He continues to have the Faiz phone in three modes - gun, gun with pointer on top and the phone mode. There are no difference between the sculpt, mold and paint here. The Faiz pointer, and hand embedded - Faiz shot are also available. A wand-signal-looking Faiz Edge to add to the look, two Faiz Drivers and last but not the least the Faiz watch hence the Axel transformation.

Open your eyes to the next Faiz - this short scale model of the character is a remold of the original release. The difference is that the red lines are replaced by matte silver finish. His eyes turn fiery red and ready to explode. As you open the box, there is already a Faiz watch/timer which doesn't have the memory chip. This is where Bandai has done a great job in planning the gimmicks and what-have-yous for the figure. 

The major highlight of this character is the matrix on his chest as the panels swivel away from the torso. Shifting these panels up are not a sight to behold so I recommend to slightly bend these towards the shoulder to make it more consistent with the show and its SIC counterparts. This form, even if this is Faiz's second upgrade, look like the leader of the pack. I kinda know why they (Bandai) made this the exclusive figure amongst the other two releases. 

Joints are tight and well made, thus moving him into various action poses are a sight to behold. He is the second SH Figuarts figure I know so far that I was able to make him balance in one leg without a stand. The first was Kamen Rider Ixa/Rising. He stands regal at 14cm.

The only thing I was hoping for was for the phone to have a hinge to flip like a real phone. Sadly, no. To find out more about this figure check out the photos below and my Youtube video review. Enjoy.



 
 

   

 
 

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...