Extra Extra Extra!!!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Toy Review: SH Figuarts Shinken Green

I thought that Shinken Green and Blue will come in a two pack. Instead, Bandai separated the two so it will would be harder for us collectors to find each (what a pain). I don't believe this two pack idea would happen anyway since the two have massive weapons and I don't think it would  fit or Bandai to put a little effort to increase the box size. Again, I won't argue why these are exclusive figures....I gave up already. 

Shinken Green (Tani Chiaki) much like Blue has the same articulation points and poseability just like the other Shinkenger releases in the SH Figuarts line. I won't dwell on this much anymore, as you already know by now how these works. I won't detail the box art as well as the design is not far from Blue's, just change the color to green and paste Chiaki's image in. 

Paint job is what I applaud about for the first Super Sentai in the SHF stable. Of course, the darker shade paint apps are still seen on the shoulders.  I don't see any scratches and over paint so, hooray. For other extremities that Shinken Green has, I'm quite happy that the shape of his helmet is in proportion with his body.
Hand accessories are a bit 2 hand short that Shinken Blue (who has 11). But there is one unique hand that he uses during the Sentai roll call. There are two Origamis as usual - in Kuma form and emblem form. The Kuma Origami has a moveable hinged head, and that is it for articulation. Shinken Green isn't complete without the shodophone and the Shinkenmaru. No other improvements here. Lastly, he has a very long Wood Spear. The sculpt is very nice and accurate. Its staff is flexible similar to the actual spear weapon used by both Japanese and Chinese during the 1600s (or earlier), this is I think called the Qiang. And since it has flexibility, I was able to have Shinken Green with the spear in the most awkward yet awesome battle poses.
I feel that there are no faults about Shinken Green as I am already used to the SHF line. The boys are now complete, let's wait for the women arrive. 



 
 
 


 

 

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...