Extra Extra Extra!!!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Toy Review: DX Kaixa Driver (Korean Version)

What the hell is that? Is that a new phone? That was what my wife told me when she first saw it. Of course, I laughed. I've always wanted a DX Faiz, Kaixa  or Delta drive/phone but nowadays the price for one (even fugly and used) has sky-rocketed for more than what I can afford so I settled for a Korean version. There is big difference between its Jap version - just the text on the box and keys. Don't worry it is still in Japanese but the fonts are slightly different. I got mine for a great and most affordable price I can imagine. Hooray for extensive research. Again, this purchase was in line with the budget was given to me by my lovely and thoughtful woman of my life during my birthday month.

The Korean version I have to say is a good buy especially when the Jap version (as of this post) is really hard to get. This dumbed down replica functions well with all the bits and pieces you ever wanted from a Kaixa phone. Its sounds are (as what they say) louder than its Japanese version which is great as I don't need to modify and make adjustments to it (well almost).

Actual belt is a soft plastic mold and so are the holders for the Kaixa shot and pointer. Details on it are show-accurate and not to mention displayability. English pronunciations for the sounds are very well spoken unlike some DX Drivers wherein you have to watch the subbed vids to understand, a good example of the latter is the DX Fourze Driver.

Cons - the things I found out is that the silver paint on the back panel is easy to scratch if not careful enough. Other scratch-prone areas is the AAA battery cover.

The switch is well hidden. If you don't have an idea which button to press, there is a cheat sheet at the panel of the phone:
  • 103 + enter - Single Mode - cancels out after 12 shots (trigger found on the call button side)
  • 106 + enter - Burst Mode - cancels out after 8 shots
  • 279 + enter - Charge
  • 913 + enter - Henshin sound (STANDING BY AND COMPLETE)
  • (when inserted on the belt) press enter for Exceed Charge
Each numbers have an accelerating sound and it doesn't matter if you are randomly pressing each. The call and cancel button also do function. The numbers are also the same as the Jap version (can I not stress this more?). You can remove the mission memory just like Faiz's phone and use it for other Kaixa gears.

As a whole, the DX Kaixa Driver (Korean version) is a great alternative if you are looking for one. For some reason, people think this is a lame toy because it is not in Japanese. Believe me it functions and operates just the same.

The real downside is - you have to modify the belt in order to put it around your waist. I wish I had zeronxepher's waist size so I can do the demo but alas....

 
 

 
 

 
 

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...