Extra Extra Extra!!!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Toy Review: Play Arts Kai Dante Devil May Cry 4

It really has been awhile since I collected Play Arts Kai figures - like 5 - 6 years or so. I remember my first - the Final Fantasy Fenrir bike which I love so dearly but I had to let it go to prepare myself to move out of the country. I absolutely regretted in letting that go. Since then I was craving for a comeback of my second love (the first was with Sota's Street Fighter series). After playing DMC4, I knew one day I'll have a Play Arts figure- the time has arrived.

I was flabbergasted when I received this toy in line with my birthday month, I was into a huge treat. Thanks to my supportive wife. Without hesitation I snagged Dante in an ebay auction that had the greatest deal and take note in mint - super mint condition. It is nice to compare Play Arts with my review of its Revoltech counterpart since both had a different set to offer to satisfy my salivating craving for another Dante. Wiping my mouth, here is my review. 

Fierce is the first word that comes into mind when you are in front of Dante. He has aged since DMC3. His faced had hints of a scuffled demon but still acts like wine with age.Square Enix for once made a decision to make a more life like action figure and the closest looking character akin to the game. Dante has about 20 articulation points and with a little bit of a nudge, is a passable poseable figure. Bayonetta is more flexible but my review about her will come a bit sooner. Making him pose like his infamous Gunslinger and Swordmaster modes is a breeze. Whatever awkward positions I made him do, he obeys at my command.

Other molds and accents on him are astounding. Belt buckles, his coat, hair sculpt even the boots are absolutely mouth-watering to a thirsty toy reviewer as moi. No detail was  left unturned especially on the creases between seams. As always, there is a hiccup to all of his amazing sculpt, the accessories. 

Dante came with the Rebellion, a pair of holding hands and guns Ebony and Ivory. An extra peg is also included to latch the Rebellion on his back. Letting him hold the guns are a nuisance as it feels like the pegs would break off any second. This is where finesse comes into play.But these are the only downside I can see from the figure, accessory count and flimsiness. 

As a whole, its hard to hate Dante, this is the best looking DMC4 replica you'll ever find at most. Unless Hottoys releases their version. But until that time comes bask in the ambiance from the guy that makes devils and demons cry. I can hear a clamor for Dante's demon version and I hope they release that one as well. 


 

 
 


 


 

 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...